Sunday, February 26, 2012

To feel New.


The number of bricks in the wall wasn’t an even number,
So I painted a fresh blue streak on the cracked and dry white canvas,
Because I thought it was easy to be new.
But what’s new when the new became so old.
So I picked off all the scales off the trout in the pond,
And they stuck to my fingers like I wish you could,
And maybe I’d get your attention,
So I wouldn’t have to be new.

But NEW is in the magazines the TV and in our heads,
New is good, New is better
So I painted it all blue,
And my fish died.

2 comments:

  1. 1First line doesn't work with "number" twice.
    2take out the "and dry"
    3good
    4this line is confusing, it needs a question mark as well.

    This image with the trout is the best part of this poem. It's very nice. I don't like the way it ends "and my fish died"

    It's a bit early for me, so I'm having trouble articulating. See me to talk about this poem. There are nice things here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for reading! I agree with your suggestions and just realized how I put "number" twice. I have problems ending my poems. Thanks for your suggestions. (:

    ReplyDelete